The Morning Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms and line produces at least one hour of a live newscast.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process, and make solid decisions in breaking news situations.
• Help in content production
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives.
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, understand how to recruit new producers, and enjoy the coaching/mentoring aspects of this position.
• Hold post news meetings, look forward to next day, and offer critiques
• Be a leader in content and mangers meetings
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• At least 5 years' experience in news operations and/or producing preferred.
• Collaborate with anchors, reporters, producers, writers, assignment editors, photographers, and other team members to ensure newscasts are highly produced, teases are strong, and content matches the station brand, review scripts, ensuring accuracy, fairness, and ethical journalism.
• Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situation is crucial.
• Excellent verbal, written, digital and analytical skills
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Able to work the morning shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwb7jp-34-204-172-188-42 in your application.