Multimedia Production Associate
The multiple Murrow Award-winning team at WKBN-TV in Youngstown, Ohio is looking for a journalist with exceptional, creative videography skills.
This position will shoot and edit video, as well as operate live trucks and backpacks for other journalists. The successful candidate will embrace news photography and all aspects of newsgathering, including gathering information, conducting interviews, writing scripts and generating content in our Digital First newsroom. This position will not primarily appear on-camera but will have the occasional opportunity to do so if mutually desired by the employee and manager.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A LINK TO A DEMO REEL TO BE CONSIDERED.
You'll get to live in a community with great food, great people and the largest city park in Ohio. If you like to get outdoors after work, check out Mill Creek Metroparks. Youngstown is also midway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. You can be at a Browns, Steelers, Pirates or Indians game in about an hour.
JOB SUMMARY: Compose and record images from news scenes, gather information, edit and publish content for multiple distribution platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Shoot video for web and television news reports
• Confer with other personnel to discuss assignments, logistics and shot requirements
• Gather accurate information on assignments for publication/broadcast
• Set up, compose and execute video shots
• Maintain video equipment
• Edit video clips for television broadcasts and digital platforms
• Operate live microwave trucks and bonded cellular backpacks in remote situations
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Detail oriented
• Proficiency with digital editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid, Edius or similar
• Proficiency with smartphones, computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Familiarity with newsroom processes and terminology
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to solve problems, work calmly under pressure
• Flexibility to work any shift
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum High School Diploma + 2 years operating video recording equipment
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Camera and camera equipment. Newsroom computer system. Video editing and transmitting equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position requires the operation of camera, camera equipment, computer and editing machine, and transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Work may be performed in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.