MMJ / Enterprise Reporter
WGN-TV is looking for a digital multi-media journalist to produce creative, engaging, and immersive content for our online platforms.
• Works as a one-man band to report, shoot, edit, and produce stories for our website, that might also later appear on broadcast
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other online platforms
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must join AFTRA
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.