Digital Anchor / Producer
The Meteorologist(Weekend)/MMJ will report, shoot, write and edit weather/news reports across multiple platforms.
• Produces and presents weather/news reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all weather content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers weather/news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
• Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
• Reports three days a week.
• Ability to shoot pictures and edit stories from beginning to end.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• 2 years' experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred.
• Must be able to shoot video and perform non-linear editing. Ability to write a story from beginning to end. Knowledge of iNews helpful.
• Proficiency with The Weather Company software is helpful.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong understanding of Meteorolgy and a proven track record.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.