The Media Coordinator will provide and perform various duties in technology support for the station.
WGNO/WNOL has an opening for an experienced television Media Coordinator to join our team of broadcast professionals. The ideal candidate has experience with broadcast automation systems and strong computer skills and/or IT experience. Must have the desire to learn, train and lead with excellence. Experience working in a broadcast facility is highly desired.
Responsibilities and Skills:
• Work with Indianapolis Master Control Operations in all functions of automation systems and file transfer equipment.
• Acquires and verifies all shows, commercials and all other materials are ready for air on both TV stations; research and contact appropriate sources for missing material
• Responsible for maintaining the programming database, and scheduling of recordings or file transfers necessary to facilitate the daily program logs. Including preparation of programs and commercials for play to air.
• Work with and backup the programming traffic manager duties, Wide Orbit experience highly desired.
• Assist the IT manager with computer deployment
• Effectively communicate with other WGNO departments and WXIN in Indianapolis regarding on-air and operational situations
• Assist with installation and setup of other engineering /IT digital broadcast systems.
• Must be computer literate including but not limited to working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and the One Drive
• Thorough computer skills, a must.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are essential.
• General understanding of digital video formats is important.
• Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/VPN/FTP/ networking technologies is useful.
• Knowledge of satellite, microwave, and fiber transmission technologies.
• College degree in Telecommunications preferred; high school diploma plus equivalent experience required.
• Minimum 2 years Master Control experience, with at least 1 year of Florical or other broadcast automation experience is desired.
• Working knowledge of satellite spot delivery systems and format transcoding preferred
• Should be experienced with understanding of satellite feeds.
• Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and can solve problems.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends, ON CALL shifts
• In addition to working well independently, must also work well as part of a team. Ability to work well with people at all levels, professions, and disciplines.
• Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess excellent oral and written communication skills including a predisposition to providing excellent customer service.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively prioritize work and resolve issues. Excellent reasoning skills in order assist in troubleshooting problems.
• Ability to follow verbal instructions while involved in high-pressure situations, being pro-active and relating information in a concise manner during critical situations.
• Must be able to work highly varied and flexible hours in support of live news events (i.e. nights, weekends, and holidays).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to walk, sit & stand for long periods of time, lift & carry 80 lbs., bend, squat, reach, stretch, climb up and down ladders, use fingers, hands, and arms for extended periods of time in repetitive motions.
Full-time Employee Benefits include Vacation, Sick, Personal, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Ins, 401k, etc. after a respective waiting period.
• Degree in Computer Science or related job field is desired.
• Engineering/ Master Control operations, electronics technology, computer science experience.
• Television technology is a plus.
Required license or certification:
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.