St. Louis, MO
Reporting to the Director of Sales, our Sales Managers drive revenue growth at KTVI/KPLR in St. Louis as a mentor, coach, collaborator and activator. You will be an expert on local advertising; digital, linear and cross platform sales, have a solid understanding of the local media marketplace, and know what it takes to inspire, motivate and incentivize a successful team. You will be knowledgeable about how to effectively package and price local digital, 3rd party digital media and linear assets together for client success. You will display a track record of recruiting and retaining top sales talent supporting an overall culture of excellence. You will also be responsible for handling national business including political.
If this sounds like you, Nexstar Media Group could be your next home for thriving community involvement, omnichannel advertising innovation and supported career growth.
What you'll accomplish as a Sales Manager (Essential Duties):
• Manage national billing for our duopoly. Cultivate relationships with national ad agencies, buyers and OneNexstar national sales force.
• Lead for political cycles, quoting rates, order maintenance and FCC compliance.
• Leadership and vision for a team of Account Executives to align to multi-platform selling, while you work collaboratively across departments to win as a team.
• Accountability for revenue development and budget achievement across all platforms, while coaching your team to achieve budgets as individual contributors.
• With a client-centric approach, arm your team with strategic support to implement results driven marketing solutions across broadcast and digital platforms.
• Accurate revenue forecasting across all platforms, along with closely managing inventory and maximizing yield.
• Utilization of CRM including audit of pipeline management, revenue analytics, sales calls and meetings to analyze rep acumen, provide coaching and identify areas for improvement.
• Ongoing education and training, both internally and externally, on evolving multi-media tactics, benefits and trends to ensure optimum growth and success.
• Leading ongoing recruitment for new multiplatform sales talent and continually building strong relationships directly with our best customers and prospective sales candidates.
• Management and execution of administrative duties, collection and billing, account list management and other duties as assigned.
What you'll need as a Sales Manager (Preferred Qualifications):
• 3-5 years of multiplatform media sales experience or equivalent industry experience; leadership experience (with a focus on local) a plus. Political experience preferred.
• Results driven with proven ability to lead teams to meet and exceed sales goals.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel including setting and monitoring performance standards, both short and long-term.
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Working knowledge of the local digital and media advertising landscape including linear, display, video, programmatic, native, OTT, Social, SEO, SEM, Email and are informed on emerging digital trends and innovative product solutions.
• Adept at creating new revenue opportunities leveraging an omni-channel, omni-product sales approach.
• Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who works effectively both independently and in a team environment with interest and passion for local, linear/video, and digital marketing.
• Strong communication and presentation skills including use of remote presentation and selling tools such as Zoom and Teams.
• Is well versed in Microsoft office products; PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, Power BI as well as CRM and other sales tools and working knowledge of sales tools including Wide Orbit, Google Ad Manager, 3rd party research skills such as Nielsen, ComScore, Google Analytics. IAB and/or Google AdWords certifications are a plus.
Nexstar offers full time employees a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, life and short-term disability insurance, worker's compensation, and unemployment insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick time, employee assistance program, bereavement leave, jury duty service time off, military leave and medical/maternity and family leave.
Nexstar is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the industry's top talent. In compliance with the provisions of all applicable state and federal civil rights laws, every effort will be made to employ the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, veteran's status, sexual orientation, military status or any other protected personal characteristic. Additionally, it is and shall continue to be our policy to provide promotion and advancement opportunities within the Company in a nondiscriminatory fashion based on merit, qualifications and ability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p7q7-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.