Here's your chance to join the management team of a proven CBS Affiliate in the 25th Television Market, combined with a high performing Nielsen-rated digital subchannel station.
Nexstar's WTTV-CBS4/ETTV 4 .2 is seeking its next Local Sales Manager in Indianapolis Indiana!
This is an opportunity for a leader with the right qualities who creates a positive culture through strong leadership, clear direction, effective coaching, proven recruiting track record, and a vision of long-term success. We are seeking a dynamic Local Sales Manager that will lead a team of winning Account Executives. 3-5 years of television sales management experience is preferred. 5+ years television sales experience mandatory. Top candidates will have excellent motivational, leadership, and forecasting skills along with a proven track record of rate integrity and winning new business.
Strong sports knowledge along with experience in selling high profile sports is a must as CBS4 broadcasts AFC Football, March Madness, College basketball including IU and Purdue, SEC Football, PGA Golf, plus we're the Official broadcast partner of the Indianapolis Colts. Potential candidates should be experienced with Nielsen ratings; Marketron, Matrix, Comscore and Wide Orbit.
Indianapolis is a great place to live, has a low cost of living, beautiful urban and suburban charm, and is the home of The Indianapolis Colts, Indiana University, Purdue University, Butler University, The Indiana Pacers, and The Indianapolis 500. It's also the capital of Indiana, with a rich political history with all State Government activities as well.
The Local Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of our Local AE's, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals as well as but not limited to:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and operation of account executives and sales assistants.
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
• Drives new business development
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
• Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
• Manages Accounts Receivable
• Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum five years of media sales experience; management experience preferred.
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience recruiting, guiding, directing, and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred
If you like strong growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.