Local Sales Manager
Bring your sales leadership experience and join a great media team!
We seek a dynamic Local Sales Manager with at least five years experience for WHNT News 19 (a CBS affiliate) and WHDF CW15 in Huntsville, Alabama. Top candidates will have excellent motivation, leadership and forecasting skills and a proven record of sales experience. A working knowledge of Marketron, Matrix, Comscore and Wide Orbit is a plus. We're looking for a leader with the right qualities: someone who creates a positive culture through strong leadership, clear direction and effective coaching.
Our #79 market serves 11 counties. Work and play in beautiful downtown Huntsville, a city growing with entertainment and art venues and boasts more than 100 miles of free public walking, biking, and hiking trails. Huntsville ranks #7 for high-tech employment concentration and top in the nation for job growth and best places to live.
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
• Drives new business development
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
• Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
• Manages Accounts Receivable
• Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum three-five years of media sales experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.