Manager, National Sales
Join our winning team in the Mile High City – DENVER!
We are seeking a dynamic Local Sales Manager that will lead a team of winning Account Executives. 3-5 years of television sales management experience is preferred. 5+ years television sales experience mandatory. Experience working in duopoly environment a plus! Top candidates will have excellent motivational, leadership, and forecasting skills along with a proven track record of rate integrity and winning new business. Strong sports knowledge along with experience in selling high profile sports is a must as NFL, MLB, NASCAR and Broncos. As a potential candidate, you should be experienced with Nielsen ratings; Marketron, Matrix, Comscore and Wide Orbit.
We are looking for a leader with the right qualities who creates a positive culture through strong leadership, clear direction, effective coaching, proven recruiting track record, and a vision of long-term success.
Denver is one of the fasting growing areas of the county. Denver is exactly one mile or 5,280 feet in elevation. Denver has the second most educated population in America. Denver receives more than 300 days of sunshine – more than Miami and San Diego! Denver is one of few cities to boast having seven professional sports teams football, baseball, hockey, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, and rugby! The front range and Rocky Mountains provides endless activities and recreation opportunities including skiing, hiking, white water rafting, mountain biking, hunting, fishing, and mountain climbing.
• Work in tandem with co LSM to motivate, inspire, and coach the local sales team to achieve individual goals as well as station budget goals.
• Collaborate with Digital Sales Manager and Integrated Digital Specialist to produce multi-platform advertising solutions for local direct business.
• Collaborate with sales leadership to conduct and produce timely, informative, energizing sales meetings that include on-going training with the intention of continuously elevating the performance of the local sales team.
• Manage inventory and revenue forecasting.
• Manage accuracy of order input.
• Hire, train and develop sales representatives.
• Oversee creative sales and assist with production of ''Colorado's Best'', our daily local lifestyle show
• Develop effective strategies to assist the team with multi-tasking the sale of a variety of initiatives simultaneously such as Nexstar revenue projects, news, weather, sports, traffic and community sponsorships and various station initiatives. Candidate should possess experience selling premium sports such as NFL and MLB.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Education: BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising, or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and successful work-related experience.
• Experience: Minimum 5 years' experience in media sales. Previous media management back ground preferred. Top 20 market experience preferred but not required.
• Must be able to demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite, Wide Orbit Traffic, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Matrix, ShareBuilders, Media Monitors, and Nielsen products.
• Ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate transactional and new local direct selling and negotiating skill sets.
• We're looking for highly competitive, driven, motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work effectively on your own as well as collaborating in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of both broadcast sales as well as digital sales, in order to create solutions using both platforms regularly
• Experience guiding, motivating, inspiring a sales team and creating a positive team atmosphere.
• Effective with setting performance standards, monitoring performance, and holding sales team accountable for goals.
• Ability to identify the individual developmental needs of others in order to improve their knowledge and skills
• Comfortable interacting with high-level decision makers.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, resourceful, and a skillful multi-tasker.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Range: $150K+ commensurate with experience. Compensation structure includes base plus commission and bonuses.
• Paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k, disability insurance, and life insurance.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.