Non-Linear Editor / Hoosier Lottery Producer
The News Lead Editor .The Lead Editor will be able to supervise our team of editors and take the lead in organization and work flow and organization from concept to completion.
• Team leader for editing staff in content gathering and story development
• Acts as liaison for AM & PM editing staff.
• Primary editor for midday editing and assists with AM and PM Newscasts
• Create work schedules for both AM & PM shifts and assigns staff to support newscasts with minimum overtime.
• Works with News Operations Manager and Executive Producers to standardize information, workflow and procedures across all editing shifts.
• Responsible for all air checks and archiving to maximize media storage.
• Maintains uniformity in all edit bays, standardizing software add-ons and plug-ins.
• Demonstrate sense of urgency and strives to maintain a positive and productive work atmosphere.
• Undertakes other assignments as directed by News Operations Manager.
Requirements & Skills:
Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 3+ years non-linear editing experience
• Adobe Premier experience required
• Knowledge of Bit Central, ENPS, Photoshop, After Effects, Pro Tools a plus
• Strong creative writing skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule – nights, weekends, holidays
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.