Television Sales Account Executive
The Junior Account Executive works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed. The goal of this position is to provide an individual 12 months to learn the skills necessary to be a successful account executive.
• Work in tandem with senior account executive(s) assisting them in executing and implementing campaigns.
• Build out proposals and campaigns for senior accounts executives.
• Input orders into trafficking systems
• Manage traffic for campaigns on both TV and digital platforms.
• Manage creative assets for campaigns
• Build out proof of performance on campaigns.
• Assist in day to day communication with clients
• Monitor account receivables
• Research, analyze and monitor for clients
• Prospecting businesses
• Learning the sales process from start to finish
• Specialized Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Strong oral, problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Must be well organized, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail.
• Must be a confident, flexible, multi-tasker, and be able to work independently.
• EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree preferred with an emphasis in Business/Marketing or Communications. Experience in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Experience in Marketing and advertising background preferred.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.