The Investigative Reporter will report investigative stories assigned.
• Produce investigative stories that impact viewers
• Develop sources and contacts in the community
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories and promotable Special Reports
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Ability to uncover, expose, and find solutions for stories that will prompt change in the community
• Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events on air and online.
Requirements & Skills:
• Knowledge of how to dig up, look through, and process information.
• Ability to request and interpret FOIA documents
• Ability to produce data-based Journalism
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
• Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq85n9-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.