Nexstar Broadcasting Group seeks an experienced, driven broadcast professional to serve as Vice President/General Manager of our media properties in Roanoke/Lynchburg, Virginia (DMA #71.) The successful candidate will have full oversight of WFXR-TV (FOX), WWCW (CW), as well as all affiliated digital, mobile, and social media assets associated with WFXRTV.com.
Roanoke and Lynchburg are located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern Virginia. The city is the largest metro area in the western part of the state and is a regional center for health services and transportation-related manufacturing. There are 20 colleges and universities within a 60-mile radius of the Roanoke Valley. The area is known for its outdoor lifestyle including hiking, biking, boating and camping, as well as its rich history and regional cuisine. The Roanoke Valley has made multiple lists including: The 10 Best Places to Raise a Family (Parenting Magazine); 100 Best Places for Business Development (Inc. Magazine); and Best Places to Retire (Money Magazine.)
• Minimum of five years of experience as a successful General Manager for a commercial broadcast station
• Significant depth of sales management experience in leading and driving sales revenue growth in broadcast and digital. Special emphasis on New Local Direct revenue growth, including self-created non-traditional revenue success and sports and community sponsorships.
• A proven track record in providing professional, demonstrative leadership in developing a leadership team and promoting collaboration and teamwork among all station departments.
• The vision and ability to enact short and long-term development of the stations' news brand, digital content and mobile platforms
• Track record of success in maintaining a focus on the bottom line
• Broad range of programming experience with an emphasis on localism is essential.
• Nexstar seeks a stakeholder - someone who is engaging, promotes good citizenship and wants to make a positive impact on the community
If you are driven by a determination to succeed, have a tireless work ethic, as well as a commitment towards creative, successful revenue generation and engagement in serving the community, then apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group is a leading diversified media company that leverages localism to bring new services and value to consumers and advertisers through its traditional media, digital and mobile media platforms. Nexstar's current portfolio and pro forma acquisitions include 197 television stations and over 100 community portal websites located in 40 states, reaching 63% of US television households.
Nexstar Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.