The Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms which requires a critical skillset to successfully fulfill the role. If you possess creativity, optimal communication skills, news savviness, team building qualities, and passion for delivering news in a relevant manner, check it out.
• The Executive Producer must be an experienced producer looking for a challenging opportunity to help lead strong newscasts . Previous managerial experience is preferred. The ideal candidate is a highly effective communicator, with strong news sense who can understand and incorporate brand initiatives. This is a great opportunity in a growing city, and a highly competitive news environment. This role will excel under tight deadlines and bri ng bold, creative ideas for developing newscasts.
• Overall responsibility for newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production
• Work with team to create innovative news content; able to think differently and critically
• Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage
• Write, edit and produce as needed
• Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 5 years previous news producing experience
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility to work nights, early mornings, wknd & holidays schedules
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y668-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.