The Assignments Editor answers incoming news calls and assigns daily news stories according to the news personnel available.
• Tracks stories from all sources including government agencies, wire services and community groups.
• Dispatches photographers, reporters and other personnel to cover stories.
• Coordinates logistics for news personnel
• uses knowledge of social media to find news stories on all these platforms
• tracks incoming, everchanging information in a daily gird for all staffers to reference
• sends detailed and thorough notes/emails to best coordinate our coverage for the day
• Participates in daily story meetings and supplies a comprehensive list of all possible news stories and works with the News Director to develop plans for all broadcasts.
• Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience Fluency in English Excellent communication skills, both oral and written Minimum two years' experience in news operations Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15x3m-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.