The Hill, a division of Nexstar Media Group, is seeking a leader for our live events business. As the Director of Events at The Hill you will be responsible for event operations, and sponsorship, and partnership development.
The Hill's live events include virtual and in-person events that are an extension of The Hill's award-winning newsroom. We engage decision makers and opinion leaders across government and industry and non-profit in 360 conversations on the most critical issue in politics and policy today.
This position is based in our Washington DC office and is NOT open for remote work.
You will be responsible for working with The Hill sales team and The Events team leadership on pricing and product development as well as identifying and building relationships with potential sponsors and partners.
You will work with The Hill's editorial team to ideate tentpole and summit programming that engages a diverse audience in and outside of Washington.
• Develop and implement strategies and plans to attract and retain sponsors for the organization's events.
• Work with The Hill leadership on a partnership development plan
• Work with sellers to identify and cultivate relationships with potential sponsors, including corporations, associations, and foundations in and outside of Washington.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing sponsors to ensure their continued support.
• Work with the Events team to develop new types of events and revenue streams.
• Collaborate with the marketing and communications team to create promotional materials.
• Collaborate with the events team to plan and execute events.
• Manage prospective sponsor pipeline, including forecasting revenue and expenses.
• Track and report on the success of sponsorship programs and events to senior leadership and sponsors
• Develop and maintain a database of sponsors, including contact information, sponsorship history,
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, or a related field 7+ years of experience in sponsorship development and event planning,
• Proven history of successfully developing new business.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with sponsors and stakeholders.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Interest in news and politics.
• As the Director of Sponsorship Development Events, you will play a critical role in securing the financial support needed to execute successful events and programs. Your ability to build strong relationships with sponsors and stakeholders, develop creative solutions, and provide excellent communication and customer service will be the keys to success in this role.
About The Hill
Established in 1994, The Hill is the country's definitive digital source for non-partisan political news and information. Inside the Beltway, it's known as an essential, agenda-setting read for lawmakers and influencers. Beyond the Capitol, The Hill's trusted content is shared more often on social media than any other major political news brand in America.
Our properties include TheHill.com, reaching a monthly audience of 41M; Hill.TV, the largest independent video platform within the Beltway with 1.4B annual views; The Hill's print edition, one of the most influential sources for law and policy makers; Elevate Studios, creating breakthrough branded content offerings for leading marketers; and The Hill Events, which hosted 70 virtual events last year, featuring 92 Members of Congress and 88 industry leaders in meaningful policy discussions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jxne-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.