Inclusive-Innovator and Results-Driven Problem Solver: These are the key qualities found in our next Director of Engineering. If you are ready to continue the legacy built at Utah's FIRST Television station and you want to collaborate with the team at America's largest media company, we want to hear from you.
The media group of KTVX, KUCW and MTVX in the 29th largest market in the country is seeking the next Director of Engineering to join and lead our technical team as we continue our tradition of FIRSTS in the industry.
As the Chief of the department, you will be responsible for developing innovative strategies allowing our media operations to deliver products and local content to our viewers on multiple platforms. You will support and create innovative workflows for the content teams, and you will maintain an environment allowing your engineering team to grow and thrive. Our Salt Lake facility is also home to one of our largest traffic hubs, supporting nearly one-hundred stations across the country. You will also represent our station group as part of DTV Utah. This first-of-its-kind cooperative effort was created in 1998: for more than two-decades eight of the major Utah broadcasters transmit from this state-of-the-art facility atop Farnsworth Peak.
As good as it is, you get to do all of this in one of the fastest growing regions of the country, in beautiful Salt Lake City. Whether you are here for the skiing, hiking, camping, or city living – you'll get all that and more. You will engage your team in a modern facility surrounded by an experienced leadership group that will support you in your journey.
The Chief Engineer manages the broadcast maintenance team in performing proper maintenance of broadcast equipment and systems. Manages transmitter facilities. Manages IT and oversees projects. Ensures proper installation, support and maintenance of all broadcast equipment and systems, and related software. Maintains the latest company, and industry standard IT security measures are supported across all platforms. Keeps current with new technology and makes recommendations regarding its suitability for application. Plans and manages technical projects, including capital projects, and assigns project engineers. Works directly with other key department managers to support their operations. FCC compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee station technical systems.
• Support news/content teams with superior systems and workflows.
• Manage maintenance engineering team and IT. Director of Engineering provides direction and oversight for repairs, maintenance, and new systems installations.
• Oversee transmitter and other station remote sites.
• Creates and maintains capital budget and projects.
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of equipment, systems, and workflow dynamics in a modern broadcast facility.
• Experience with systems from providers such as Ross, Sony, Florical, Vinten, ClearCom, Bit Central, Evertz, Cobalt, ENPS among others. Knowledge, understanding, practical experience with computer networking and security best practices.
• Minimum at least five years supervisory experience in engineering and technology, within broadcast and/or production operations.
• Experience to manage costs, including labor, and operating expenses.
Ability to interface well with other departments. Excellent leadership and communication skills. Ability to multitask under pressure and prioritize and pivot as needed. Good skills in troubleshooting. Ability to teach others to grow in this area. Must have good organizational skills. Emphasis on employee development and growth.
Ability to carry heavy equipment at times (20-50 lbs).
Position will require travel to high elevation mountain-top environments on occasion where temperatures and climate may vary.
There are periods of strenuous activity for this position, candidate must be able to work in these conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1jn8v-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.