The Digital Video Producer is a key member of the TV station's digital team. This role involves live and edited video production and distribution using various platforms and techniques. You'll work alongside and collaborate with WFLA news reporters, anchors, producers, and other members of the newsroom to create informative and important content for viewers across Florida.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
• Video producer of digital-first news stories and edited packages, including various versions for social media
• Working in fast-paced newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and support digital team
• Take an active role in discovering, shooting, and creating new content, including stories, photos, videos, etc.
• Help with live streaming of WFLA Now programs, breaking news, and special coverage
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices
• Write, produce, and edit material that appeals to target audiences
• Research production topics using various information sources and tools
• Train, mentor, and support station staff with video projects and creative digital storytelling
• Share local content to national outlets and other Nexstar Digital platforms across the country
Specialized Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Video editing skills a must
• Collaborate with reporters, anchors, photojournalists, producers, promotions, sales, and engineering staff
• Proficient and savvy in social media platforms, tools, and best practices
• Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including creative ways to inform and engage via written, oral, and visual media
• Ability to meet quality standards throughout editorial process
• Knowledge and skill in web live streaming and YouTube publishing
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute 2+ years' experience in digital publishing, television or radio broadcast/production.
• Utilize state-of-the-art web and television technology, video and graphics.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
• High-stress environment with deadline pressures. Flexible schedule and occasional overtime.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
******** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *********
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy28vm-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.