Analyst I, Accounts Receivable
The Digital Vertical Manager for Gaming oversees all aspects of our new nationally syndicated video game product, which covers gaming news, reviews, culture, and streaming. The ideal candidate will demonstrate fluency across all game platforms to both create and promote unique content highlighting the latest trends in the industry and among fans.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing content that will attract a loyal audience, conceptualizing text and video stories, maintaining a social media presence, and appearing on podcasts, video shows, and streams.
This manager must understand the digital media industry and how to use content to reach audiences in a competitive and crowded digital environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce written news and feature content and promote on multiple digital platforms.
• Work with local and national editors to develop and promote creative content.
• Meet daily and monthly deadlines.
• Edit online features.
• Develop a unique voice to stand out in a competitive digital space.
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or related field.
• Expert knowledge of games on all platforms, from consoles and handhelds, to PCs and mobile.
• Five years of experience in digital media.
• Understanding of site analytics.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Experience with CMS operations and keyword content strategies
• Familiarity with social media platforms and practices
• Headline writing skills
• Great communication skills
• Ability to work remotely and with minimal supervision
• Have a passion for gaming, streaming talent and pop culture
• Ability to work under demanding time constraints, including meeting short-term deadlines.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
• Proficient in building relationships, especially building cross-functional partnerships within organization.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.