Automotive Digital Sales Specialist
Des Moines, IA
WHO TV, a dominant Nexstar NBC affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa, is seeking a Digital Sales Manager to oversee the daily operations of the station's internet advertising business and interacts with clients and advertising agencies to maximize website revenue
An effective DSM should have a strong grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies, and social media platforms; must be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
▪ Interacts with the digital and broadcast sales teams daily
▪ Generate revenue to meet and exceed goals.
▪ Provide on-going training to broadcast and digital sales staff, assisting with calls, effective sales proposals and presentations, and building strong relationships within the community.
▪ Identify and create new digital opportunities that can significantly grow revenue
▪ Manage online advertising inventory.
▪ Measure and report performance on a weekly/monthly basis and assess against goals (ROI/KPIs).
▪ Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
▪ Highly proficient with Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, Excel. Experience with WO Traffic and Matrix a plus.
In addition, we are looking for an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to create and execute new ideas that will drive revenue. Must have the passion to train and develop relationships in digital sales and have the desire to win in a fast-paced and competitive environment. Minimum 5 years' experience in media; solid knowledge of digital technology, including mobile and social media platforms. Proven leadership ability and successful experience directing and managing through others. A track record of independent thinking, reasoned analysis, and problem solving; ability to establish and balance priorities. Strong budgeting and projection abilities, demonstrating creative uses of available resources. Ability to build and maintain strong relationships; ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
Responsibilities & Skills:
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks
• Valid driver's license with good driving record
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Must be able to handle public and client relations
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Sales Manager must be able to stand, sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital Sales Manager must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.