The Digital Reporter/Producer will play a role in our morning show with digital happenings and trends as well as fresh content for our website for the morning hours.
WLNS-TV, the CBS affiliate in Lansing, Michigan seeks a digital-savvy storyteller.
The greater Lansing area is home to the state capital and home to a Big Ten university, so we're a great news town with sports, arts, diversity, and an excellent quality of life.
• Write stories and update the website with fresh content for the morning hours
• Push stories out using social media and push alerts
• Appear pm 6 News This Morning as the Digital Reporter to talk about what's happening/trending on the web and at wlns.com
• Produce, direct, and co-host a morning webcast
• Research, develop, and pitch story ideas
• Arrange and conduct interviews (live and taped)
• Shoot and edit video (for TV and the web)
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb768o-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.