Be part of an innovative #1-rated newsroom that values your ideas and encourages creative, compelling storytelling – while living in one of the nation's most desired markets. KXAN in Austin, Texas is looking for a journalist with expertise in digital reporting; this is primarily not an on-air position. Reporting will include enterprising, breaking news and delivering on KXAN's in-depth, investigative brand. Candidates must submit a resume and examples of work that demonstrate strong AP-style writing, compelling headlines and visuals, as well as effective use of social media.
• Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Reporting to create daily content primarily for a digital audience. Your content may also appear in newscasts.
• Enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis that represent KXAN's in-depth, investigative brand
• Gather, verify and organize information, determine focus and write story according to editorial style and format standards
• Basic shooting, recording and editing of video and photos to add multimedia elements to digital stories
• Specialized Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
• Expertise in AP-style writing and digital news journalism best practices
• Proficiency in WordPress or similar CMS and basic photo/video editing
• Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field required + three years' reporting experience.