The Digital MMJ should be passionate about local news, innovative, focused on the mobile user, confident on camera, and full of creativity and initiative. This position will gather and present live and recorded video segments both on-air and online. Sometimes the Digital MMJ will tease their story on-air and run the full report (Digital Exclusive) on the web or vice versa.. depending on the topic and story. We're looking for a creative storyteller to find unique content in our market for social media, web and television. The Digital MMJ will have a strong understanding of how to effectively use social media to publicize stories and to connect with the audience.
The Digital MMJ is expected to function as a digitally focused ambassador in the newsroom and to fight daily as a champion for our digital users. They will develop contacts, fact-check all stories, and demonstrate consistent execution of solid news judgment. This position works closely with our Digital, Promotions and News Departments.
YOUR RESUME MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO A REEL OF YOUR WORK TO BE CONSIDERED.
JOB SUMMARY: Research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for our websites, mobile platforms and social media, as well as report on-air.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce content for multiple platforms: internet, mobile
• Report unique stories both on-air and online
• Tease stories on web/social media and front on-air
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research
• Knowledge of small tech and digital video equipment
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Superior on-air presence both on-air and digital
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Multimedia Journalist Reporter must be able to sit, conduct zoom, phone or in-person interviews for unique content. The Digital MMJ must make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Multimedia Journalist Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22n76-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.