Reporter / MMJ
Johnson City, TN
Dominant CBS/ABC combo serving the Tri-Cities, Tennessee and Virginia communities. We are in central proximity to major metropolitan areas, including Knoxville, Charlotte and Richmond. Our amazing work and play community is rich in history and home to the Birthplace of Country Music, Bristol Motor Speedway, and World Class Hiking and Fishing.
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Digital Journalist.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for more than 65 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Tri-Cities
The Digital Journalist will shoot, edit, and write news stories for our digital platforms and newscasts.
The ideal candidate will have strong news judgment, the ability to work under deadline and a passion for news. He or she will have a strong background in shooting and editing video and writing news stories.
• Gather and verify information for stories through interviews and observation
• Shoots video for news reports
• Edits video clips for digital platforms and for television broadcasts
• Writes news stories for web, social and broadcast.
• Operates live microwave and satellite trucks
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexibility to work any shift
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.