Executive Digital Content Producer
Fight for the little guy, give a voice to the voiceless, serve your community. CBS47 is looking for an Investigative Reporter to support our On Your Side/Investigates brand across all broadcast and digital platforms.
• Reports news stories, describing the background and details of events
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects to isolate pertinent facts and details
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Discusses issues with producers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements
• Shoots and edits news events and news reports
• Produces and presents reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the web and other eMedia platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Candidates must have a resume and online link showing investigative work.
• Candidates should know the basics of data analysis, public information requests and backgrounding. They must have a track record of enterprising story ideas and developing key sources.
• Previous work must demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics and daily use of digital and social media platforms.
• Candidates must have a minimum of five years reporting experience, including at least two years of investigative reporting.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting. (More or less depending on market size)
• Superior on-air presence
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
• This is not an entry-level position.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Investigative Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Investigative Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.