Nexstar Media Group is America's largest local television and media company with 197 full power stations (including partner stations) in 115 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.Nexstar.tv.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Want to help lead the most viewed website in North Carolina and one of the top local news websites in the entire country? If you think you're up to the challenge of leading a high energy, high performing, highly dedicated staff of journalists apply for our Digital Executive Producer job. Tell me how you can not only maintain the standard of excellence, but take it a step further.
Position Summary: Responsible for daily management and training of web producers. Manage and improve the daily packaging of all digital editorial content published and distributed across the Nexstar network of sites and media platforms with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic. Audience expert that understands how to grow distribution platforms to maximize readership. Ability to jump into the mix and create high-performing content as needed. Must be flexible with work schedule.
• Attends editorial meetings
• Trains, coaches, and manages team of local digital journalists
• Excellent at writing buzzy headlines that increases pageviews and packaging content that grows pageviews per visitor and time on site.
• Works with web producers to assure steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and promoted in a way that generates reader interest.
• Evaluates website traffic trends in effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow in-DMA traffic.
• Leads team member responsible for planning and implementing special coverage projects (severe weather, breaking news, enterprise digital content databases and projects).
• Monitors major news websites, local and state news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
• Promotes news content on social media.
• 5 years of experience gathering or producing news and information with 3 years of experience working primarily on the web.
• Experience building online databases (investigative, elections, weather, etc.)
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
• Flexibility to work across multiple websites while also balancing in-market needs
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
• Ability to take direction and quickly implement new ideas
• Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure
• Self-motivated, competitive spirit and assertive personality with ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities
• Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree.
Measurements of success
• Meets KPIs
• Ensures local team meets daily deadlines
• Creates positive work environment for local digital employees
• Track record of training journalists who prove to be successful