Position Summary: Responsible for daily management and training of web producers, web reporters and social media producers in local newsroom.
Oversee and improve the daily packaging of all digital editorial content published and distributed across the Nexstar network of sites and media platforms with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic -- particularly in-DMA users. Audience expert that understands how to grow distribution platforms to maximize readership. Flexibility to perform various duties and work across multiple websites depending on regional needs. Ability to jump into the mix and create high-performing content as needed.
• Attends local editorial meetings and serves as bridge between broadcast and digital in local newsroom
• Trains, coaches, and manages team of local digital journalists
• Excellent at writing buzzy headlines that increases pageviews and packaging content that grows pageviews per visitor and time on site.
• Works with web producers to assure steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and promoted in a way that generates reader interest.
• Evaluates website traffic trends in effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow in-DMA traffic.
• Leads team member responsible for planning and implementing special coverage projects (severe weather, breaking news, enterprise digital content databases and projects).
• Monitors major news websites, local and state news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
• Promotes news content on social media.
• 5 years of experience gathering or producing news and information with 3 years of experience working primarily on the web.
• Experience building online databases (investigative, elections, weather, etc.)
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
• Ability to take direction and quickly implement new ideas
• Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure
• Self-motivated, competitive spirit and assertive personality with ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities
• Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree.
The Digital Executive Producer will be involved in the editorial process in the local newsroom while also overseeing local digital staff. Digital Executive Producer will attend local and regional meetings as needed, and work with the Digital Audience Regional Executive Producer on refining the local audience strategy. EP will be responsible for meeting local KPI goals and ensuring traffic is regularly growing. The Digital Executive Producer needs to be familiar with all aspects of digital duties and be able to jump in as needed.
Measurements of success
• Meets big KPIs, ensures team is meeting their role-specific KPIs
• Ensures local team meets daily deadlines
• Creates positive work environment for local digital employees
• Track record of training journalists who prove to be successful
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpxjme-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.