WGN-TV is looking for someone to oversee and improve the daily packaging of all digital editorial content, with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic.
• Evaluate website traffic trends in effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer term content development that will grow in-DMA traffic.
• Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management to assure we are first to market with significant breaking news and exclusive content that creates an inclusive digital first culture.
• Monitor major news websites, local and state news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
• Excellent at writing buzzy headlines that increases pageviews and packaging content that grows pageviews per visitor and time on site.
• Promote news content on social media.
• Serve as Digital Content Producer to cover sick calls or vacation time.
• Five (5) years of experience gathering or producing news and information with 3 years of experience working primarily on the Web.
• Experience building online databases (investigative, elections, weather, etc.)
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style, Google Trends, Crowd Tangle, etc.
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker.
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly.
• Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.