We are hiring a Digital Content Manager to lead the Ozarksfirst.com team in Springfield, MO. The person we are looking for has a passion for journalism, leads by example and is very competitive. You must set the bar high and want to win!
The right candidate has strong leadership skills and the ability executive our digital strategy for Ozarksfirst.com. This leader will also be responsible for the daily management and training of digital reporters and producers. This person will oversee and improve the daily packaging and promotion of all digital editorial content published and distributed locally and shared across the Nexstar network of sites and media platforms.
• Attends local editorial meetings and serves as the bridge between broadcast and digital in local newsroom
• Trains, coaches, and manages team of local digital reporters, editors, and producers-and can effectively perform each of their duties, if necessary
• Evaluates website analytics and observes traffic trends as part of daily and long-term decision-making for audience growth strategy
• Monitors all forms of major national, state, and local media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) for breaking news, trending, and exclusive stories that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
• Excellent at writing engaging headlines for various platforms (site, social media, search) and developing this skill in others
• Assists team in curating a steady stream of high-interest local content that is packaged and promoted in a way that maximizes engagement and repeat site visitation
• Builds positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, identifies, and works collaboratively on enterprise content, and creates opportunities to market digital content on broadcast
• Oversees and strategizes for external content promotion via social media, newsletters, etc.
• Responsible for meeting local site KPI goals
Skill/ Experience Requirements
• A minimum of five years of experience in digital content and journalism
• Capable of researching, interviewing, writing, and editing original news articles
• Clever headline writer that gets readers to click and
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
• Strong multitasking abilities
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, HTML and Photoshop/Lightroom experience a plus
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Meets measurements of success
Measurements of Success:
• Meets KPIs
• Ensures local team meets daily deadlines
• Creates positive work environments for local digital employees
• Track record of training journalists who prove to be successful
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72pyq-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.