MMJ / Enterprise Reporter
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
WGN America's News Nation is searching for a Data & Visualization Journalist to join the digital team in Chicago. This person will pitch, write, edit and report data-driven stories for NewsNationNow.com. Other duties include:
• Plan proactively and identify strong data and graphics opportunities.
• Partner with the research team and digital producers to brainstorm visual/data coverage ideas, and find gaps in current story planning.
• H elp edit and execute data visuals for daily, long-form, and breaking news, including maps, charts and graphics.
• Review data, analyses, stories, visualizations and graphics to ensure they uphold News Nation's standards.
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field
• 1-2 years experience in a professional newsroom
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Familiarity with journalistic standards
• CMS and digital media production experience preferred
• Well organized with a passion for data-driven, visual and written storytelling
• Ability to stay focused with multiple quick-turn deadlines
• Familiarity with modern mapping tools (Arc, QGIS, MapBox , Maps4News, etc.)
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.