The Digital Content Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing origin content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
• Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
• Produces reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
• Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred
• CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
• Responds positively to feedback
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Digital Producer must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyj5jk-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.