Dominant CBS/ABC combo serving the Tri-Cities, Tennessee and Virginia communities. We are in central proximity to major metropolitan areas, including Knoxville, Charlotte and Richmond. Our amazing work and play community is rich in history and home to the Birthplace of Country Music, Bristol Motor Speedway, and World Class Hiking and Fishing.
We are seeking a SUPERSTAR Digital Content Producer.
Join our family that is committed to being part of the fabric of our communities for more than 65 years that has made us a LEADER in delivering local content to our viewers.
To learn more about our beautiful area click here- Visit Tri-Cities
WJHL is looking for a Digital Content Producer who will gather information and write stories for the web and post to social media platforms. The ideal candidate must be an excellent writer and have a passion for news.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
• Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
• Produces reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in journalism or relevant field; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
• Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred
• CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
• Responds positively to feedback
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb733o-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.