- Full Time
Are you a passionate journalist looking to join West Michigan's #1 digital team? WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids, Michigan is looking to hire a Digital Content Producer for our digital-first newsroom who's excited about emerging platforms and loves to tell the stories that matter most to our community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Team player! Our veteran digital and broadcast teams work together to make each story shine on all WOOD TV8 platforms.
• A constant desire to learn and grow as the industry continues to shift toward digital text and video content.
• Expert understanding and use of current and emerging social platforms.
• Strong AP-style writing, copyediting, grammar and story organization skills.
• Strict journalistic standards, including vetting, pitching and ethical treatment of the stories we cover.
• Ability to responsibly and respectfully interact online and over the phone with community members
• General knowledge of current events, sports, entertainment, national and international news.
• Willingness to work evening, weekend or coverage-based shifts.
• Interest in creating/developing new digital franchise content based on community interest/need.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
• Degree in journalism, communications, or related field; daily newspaper or digital news experience required; live digital and/or print examples preferred.
• Proficient in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop and WordPress. Video editing, social and alert strategy and basic HTML a plus.
• Ability to maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all station and company departments.
• Responds positively to feedback from management and peers; willingness to grow and learn new skills.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.