Aggregated Content Producer
WGN-TV is searching for a Producer of Digital Content with the right mix of news judgment, creativity, and command of all things digital and social.
• Prepares , writes, copy-edits and posts news, sports, community, programming and promotional content from television and other sources for the web site, mobile platforms, and social media sites
• Builds special sections and other custom content for breaking news and other ongoing coverage efforts
• Administer and moderate social media outreaches including Facebook pages and Twitter accounts
• Works closely with news, programming, promotions, and sales departments
• Ensure factual, grammatical and legal accuracy online and uphold the station's established journalistic standards to avoid editorial bias
• Three (3) years of experience as a digital news producer or related experience
• Must be familiar with Wordpress and AP writing style
• Must have strong news judgment and work with the assignment desk to plan daily stories and content
• Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail
• Familiarity with news writing and journalistic standards
• Ability to function under extreme deadline pressure
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.