The Digital Content Manager is responsible for managing digital content and its digital platforms along with execution of our digital content strategy. This position will report to the News Director and will supervise a team of digital content producers. This is a full-time position. Internal candidates must speak with their manager before applying.
• Lead all digital, mobile and social platforms
• Create and execute digital content strategies to grow reach and engagement with audience
• Oversee digital contributions from other staff members and provide guidance to help improve their work
• Develop comprehensive digital coverage plans for major news, weather and sports events
• Create proactive strategies to win online during breaking news and severe weather
• Work with newscast producers to integrate digital content into newscasts
• Excellent at writing buzz-worthy headlines that increase pageviews & package content that grows pageviews per visitor and time on site.
• Works with web producers to assure steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and promoted in a way that generates reader interest.
• Monitors major news websites, local and state news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
• Promotes news content on social media.
• Write stories, post videos and interact with viewers online and though email and phone
• Read and analyze metrics and research industry trends to identify growth opportunities
• Participate in daily editorial meetings
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment
• Advanced knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS, CMS, Google Analytics, Photoshop, and ENPS preferred.
• Strong news judgment and understanding of media law and ethics
• Experience with digital publishing
• Experience with metric analysis and social media strategy
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6z609-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.