Senior Assignment Manager
WGN-TV is searching for the right person to be one of the faces of our expanded digital initiatives, providing regular news updates, anchoring extended breaking news coverage, and hosting special programming-all within the digital space.
• Anchors and reports on our digital platforms, describing the background and details of events, often without a script
• Uses innovative technology to become a ''one-man-band anchor'', able to integrate video, graphics and other elements without the use of a control room-while hosting live at the same time
• Connects with viewers and users to create interactive show content
• Able to report at length about stories in all areas- including news, politics, weather, entertainment, and sports
• Works with other digital staff to be live on short notice, especially in breaking news situations
• Writes and edits stories for the website
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum two years' experience in news reporting
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d23e55-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.