The Digital Content Executive Producer supervises news content across all digital platforms and leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing original content beyond that which is produced on-air. Works in lock-step with News Director and other managers in developing Digital strategy, to highlight the News 19 brand, on air and on all digital sites. Also works closely with interactive sales team for station initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Manage Digital Team. Leads the digital team by identifying stories and organizing and assigning duties as well as training on the latest technical and company changes.
• Assist News Director
• Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition
• Produces reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media platforms
• Focus on quality content and increasing key digital metrics
• Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials
• Oversees schedule for the Digital team, including approving time off and holidays.
• Reviews and coaches' members of Digital Team.
Requirement & Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Proficiency in Associated Press Style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred
• CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.