Weeknight Meteorologist / MMJ
The Digital Content Creator should be passionate about local news, innovative, focused on the mobile user, confident on camera, and full of creativity and initiative. This position will gather and present live and recorded video segments, along with written segments, online, on mobile, and on social media.
These segments will be original stories that break news, dig deeper into details of breaking stories, and uncover and discover enterprise topics exclusive to our digital platform.
Research, writing, capturing visual content and editing general assignment stories for our websites, mobile platforms and social media.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
*Produce news content that will appear on website, news apps, and social media pages
*Coverage of live events
*Posting text stories and video on any platform
* Work with management to enterprise and develop stories on a daily basis.
* Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms.
* Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
*Participation in community events
* Knowledge of small tech and digital video equipment
* Detail oriented
* Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws
* Strong reporting, writing, and technical skills
Bachelor's degree in Journalism preferred
Position requires the operation of digital camera equipment, computer editing, and transport of equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. High stress environment with deadline pressures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8871-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.