Los Angeles, CA
The Digital Audience Regional Executive Producer is responsible for the total audience growth of a regionally aligned network of several media sites. The ideal candidate is a digital content and analytics expert who is detail oriented and an excellent communicator. The position requires training of web production teams, site management from a remote location, and improving the daily packaging of all digital editorial content published and distributed across the network of sites. The goal is increasing user interactivity and traffic, particularly in-DMA users. This audience expert understands how to grow distribution platforms to maximize readership.
• Evaluate website traffic trends in an effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow in-DMA traffic
• Work with regional web producers on a daily basis to assure a steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and best-promoted to audience interest
• Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management to assure we are first to market with significant breaking news and exclusive content that creates an inclusive digital-first culture
• Develop creative and productive new ways of finding and assigning web-friendly story ideas
• Train, coach and manage a team of news web producers on audience-growth strategies
• Expands total content distribution opportunities and grows valuable audiences for each
• Excellent at writing buzzy headlines that increase pageviews, and packaging content that grows pageviews per visitor and lowers bounce rates
• Lead team member responsible for planning and implementing special coverage projects (severe weather, breaking news, enterprise digital content databases and projects)
• Monitor national, state, and local news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
• Bachelor's degree
• 7 years' experience gathering or producing news and information with 5 years' experience working primarily on the Web
• Self-motivated, competitive spirit and assertive personality with ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities.
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
• Comfortable adapting to changes in an evolving industry and thrives under pressure
• Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.