Reporter, House Leadership
WGN America has an immediate opening for a Political Producer. The position is based in Washington, D.C. for the new, primetime national newscast, ''News Nation''.
The ideal candidate is a strong producer who is passionate about politics, knows how to create a memorable story, and has strong editorial judgment to present a fair story that is down the center. Candidates must be able to make politics interesting and easy to understand for all viewers.
The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, making decisions and communicating the plan in a clear, concise manner.
• Working closely with the political reporter and executive producer in pitching, researching, planning, and writing political news.
• Generating compelling and creative political segment ideas on a daily basis.
• Selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements.
• Fact-checking and script editing to remove opinion or unconscious bias.
• Producing digital & social media projects as needed.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Extensive knowledge of politics and current events required
• 5+ years producing experience; College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz32zq-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.