- Part Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The Creative Services Assistant is responsible for sending paid commercials to master control and overseeing all closed captioning of local programs and paid programs and assisting with other department needs as necessary. This is an entry level position. Apply online at www.nexstar.tv.
1. Pulls commercials from various sources.
2. Monitors quality of commercials and adjusts audio and other elements as necessary to maintain good quality.
3. Works with the Sales Department, Master Control and our closed captioning service company to oversee and organize all local closed captioning.
4. Edits commercials and paid programs as necessary to add closed captioning.
5. Assists with occasional promotional events which may include nights and/or weekends.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
1. Some college or related experience in broadcasting is a plus.
2. Fluency in English.
3. Good communication/grammar skills.
4. Experience with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
5. Experience with in non-linear editing, Adobe Premiere Pro a plus.
6. Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.