Nexstar Media is seeking energetic individuals to work in the programming hub in Indianapolis! Nexstar Media is the largest television ownership group in the country – we broadcast 24/7 coast to coast from New York to Los Angeles via nearly 200 television stations.
Indianapolis programming hub is the sole hub location for all of Nexstar Media programming – we incorporate all time zones including Hawaii time.
Our programming hub team is fun, energetic and focused. We operate in a fast-paced environment, are heavily deadline oriented, and interact daily with all markets, traffic hubs and master control hubs. We provide 116 markets and traffic/master control hubs with 24 hour program schedules, syndicated episode schedules and overall programming support.
You will go through extensive training on the WideOrbit Program system, which includes scheduling syndicated and network programming, movies, sports and many other programming elements. You will work to eventually support and maintain 20+ channels, in addition to providing reports and lists for master control and traffic.
The Program Coordinator position is a great fit for anyone that loves attention to detail and desires to learn the inner workings of a television station. This position will be responsible for some but not all of the following duties:
• Manage 15+ channels by maintaining weekly program schedules in WideOrbit Program
• Process booking orders daily within 24 hours of stations submitting them
• Work with stations closely to manage program gaps in Wide Orbit Program
• Maintain 13 rolling weeks in Wide Orbit Program for all channels
• Process discrepancy reports/perform reconciliation of all logs in WO Program daily
• Enter episode #s into WO Program as needed
• Provide syndicated movie formats/feed info as needed to traffic/master control hubs
• Communicate closely with markets/hubs
• Process daily reports for master control as needed
• Provide team coverage as needed
• Perform other duties as instructed
Requirements and Skills:
High School Diploma
Fluency in English
Excellent communication skills – oral and written
Ability to multi-task efficiently
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Minimum one year's experience in clerical or administrative support
Proficiency with computers
Proficiency in Wide Orbit a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61exj-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.