The Hill, a division of Nexstar Media Group, is seeking an Events and Audience Coordinator for its growing virtual events portfolio.
The Events and Audience Coordinator will work within a dynamic, dedicated team of events and marketing professionals to execute policy briefings, social engagements, and other events for our advocacy and corporate clients. All events are currently virtual, but occasional in-person production assistance may be required. On-location events will resume when advisable.
• Assist in developing comprehensive audience outreach lists for a slate of editorial policy events
• Support events director with all event logistics
• Assist with management of social media channels and event website
• Collaborate with marketing and communications teams throughout planning process as needed
• Prepare event materials and supplies
Skills and Attributes:
• Ideal candidates should have 1-2 years' experience with event management, public relations, communications and/or marketing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of national and local current events, newsmakers and policy issues
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Experience with Splash or other event marketing/management system preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at a given time
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable, collaborative and a team player
• Ability to work independently, be proactive and take initiative
• Ability to work out of our Washington, DC offices upon reopening
• Bachelor's degree required
Established in 1994, The Hill is the country's definitive digital source for non-partisan political news and information. Inside the Beltway, it's known as an essential, agenda-setting read for lawmakers and influencers. Beyond the Capitol, The Hill's trusted content is shared more often on social media than any other major broadcast or political news brand in America.
Our properties include TheHill.com, reaching a monthly audience of 41M; Hill.TV, the largest independent video platform within the Beltway with 1.4B annual views; The Hill's print edition, one of the most influential sources for law and policy makers; Elevate Studios, creating breakthrough branded content offerings for leading marketers; and The Hill Events, which hosted 70 virtual events last year, featuring 92 Members of Congress and 88 industry leaders in meaningful policy discussions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rje33e-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.