Interested in working in a fun, exciting, fast-paced environment at one of the most storied television stations in the country? WGN-TV Chicago has an immediate opening for a Broadcast Construction & Maintenance Engineer-in-Charge. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the successful candidate will assist in the design, construction and maintenance of state-of-the-art broadcast systems supporting our local news operation, our national news operation, plus two national networks. As the engineer-in-charge you will be responsible for project coordination, administration and implementation with a team of maintenance and installation engineers.
Desired Experience and Skills
• A degree in Engineering, Broadcast and/or IT preferred
• Five years' experience as an engineer in a broadcast facility
• Expert knowledge of current television broadcast systems including production control room systems, house video/audio distribution, Air Control and airpath, satellite transmission and reception, etc.
• RF knowledge including UHF transmitter and point-to-point microwave systems a plus
• Ability to design, document and install broadcast systems is required
• Ability to create documentation using AutoCad is required
• Experience with wire management software a plus
• Systems integration experience a plus
• Expert troubleshooting skills
• Excellent IT skills including in-depth knowledge of operating systems and IP networking
• Working knowledge of common television test equipment including signal generators/analyzers, stream analyzers, etc.
• Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to build cables using crimp tools and/or soldering equipment
• Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. as well as work that may require use of a ladder
This position will require shift work which includes nights, weekends and holidays, along with overtime as situations demand.
This position is under the jurisdiction of IBEW 1220 and union membership is required.
WGN-TV is located seven miles Northwest of downtown Chicago near Addison & Western just minutes from I-94. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive salary as well as free on-site parking for employees. Do you have what it takes to be on our team? Send us your resume and take your first step towards becoming a part of the WGN-TV crew!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp19yx-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.