NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation has an immediate opening for a Broadcast Engineer for our Chicago headquarters. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the successful candidate will assist in construction and maintenance of state-of-the-art broadcast systems supporting our national news operation.
Desired Experience and Skills
• Five (5) years' experience as an engineer in a broadcast facility
• A two-year degree in a technical profession desired
• Knowledge of current television broadcast systems including Ross Overdrive automation, ENPS newsroom, Bitcentral, studio and control room equipment including, cameras, wired and wireless audio gear, master control and airpath systems, satellite transmission and reception, etc.
• Wheatstone audio, Tessera and LED Videowalls/Processors experience a plus
• Expert troubleshooting skills and ability to understand system drawings (AutoCAD experience a plus)
• Working knowledge of common television test equipment including signal generators/analyzers, scopes, etc.
• Proficiency and experience performing cable installations, soldering, crimping cable connectors, including cable documentation, labeling, post-installation commissioning and testing processes, etc.
• Strong IT skills including IP networking concepts and equipment, storage systems, redundant computer system concepts, administration, etc.
• Ability to respond to trouble calls in a 24×7 environment (including nights, weekends, holidays as needed)
• Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal, written and people skills
• Experience in large systems integration/installation a plus
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Knowledge of common business software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) a plus
This position will require shift work which may include nights, weekends, and holidays, along with overtime as situations demand.
This position is under the jurisdiction of IBEW 1220, and union membership is required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r700bq-35-172-224-102-42 in your application.