Part-time bilingual newscast director
This is a part-time position. The Newscast Director coordinates the efforts of all technical operators during newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Observes pictures through monitors and directs camera/video staff concerning composition
• Acts as a liaison between engineering and production departments
• Works with the news producers to deliver a clean and high energy newscast
• Switches video sources and given direction at the same time during live broadcasts
• Tests equipment to ensure proper operation
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Fluency in English and Spanish
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with broadcast control equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.