The Associate Producer is responsible for ordering graphics; contributing story ideas; writing stories; organizing them within an energetic and memorable newscast or digital content for the web.
• Assists in writing and production of broadcast or on-line program
• Contributes to the editorial process and makes solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all digital devices
• Writes, produces and edits material that appeals to target audiences
• Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other information sources
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or equivalent experience may substitute
• Understand brand building directives
• Interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production, digital and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, grammar and analytical skills
• Ability to develop strong news judgment
• Possess journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media
• Ability to meet quality standards for service & evaluate customer satisfaction
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1jy9-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.