The Associate Producer is responsible for contributing story ideas; writing stories; organizing them within an energetic and memorable newscast or digital content for the web.
• WXIN/WTTV is looking for an Associate Producer to join our team.
Associate Producers help the broadcast and digital producers and assignment editors in all areas of their work: writing, tracking down information via phone or online, posting material to our digital platforms, among other duties as assigned. Their work will provide the foundation and training to serve as a fill-in newscast producer and digital producer.
• Support newscast Producers and assist in writing stories
• • Manage logistics and assign field crews to cover stories
• Demonstrate sense of urgency with breaking news
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associate Producer experience and/or a very strong desire to learn the skillset required to lend your talents to the operation/products
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Fluency in English
• Requirements & Skills:
Bachelor's degree or 1-year previous newsroom experience preferred
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to develop strong news judgment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays