Fox TV Stations
Los Angeles, CA
• Facilitates pre-production and production requirements for daily live newscasts.
• Pre-production: Prep scripts, tech rundowns, server layout, Ross automation coding.
• PCR: Live-shot coordination with Newscenter and field crews, timing/counting live and pre-produced elements including vo/sots, packages, reporter cues studio floor communication.
• Responsibilities also include tracking status of edited content for playout. Create MOS objects and verify rundown and playlist status.
• Cross-training: Multiple skill sets to capably fill in as a relief Director and Material Manager.
• Provide desktop editing (FCP/Adobe Premiere) support when necessary.
• Track server playout status during live newscasts and coordinate News content archiving processes following daily newscasts.
• Assist with non-News and Special Events productions as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Television Production or equivalent related experience.
• Two or more years of experience directing or associate directing live News production.
• Team player.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Adept at positive communication. Can motivate, engage and lead a production team.
• Precise time management and ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a fluid and vigorous work environment that accompanies live News production.
• Current and comprehensive knowledge of fundamental News production technologies.
• Demonstrates intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.