Producer / Writer
Los Angeles, CA
• Facilitates production and pre-production requirements for daily live newscasts.
• Pre-production: Prep scripts, technical rundowns, clip playout, Ross Overdrive coding.
• PCR: Live-shot coordination with Newscenter and field crews, timing/counting live and pre-produced video including vo/sots, packages, reporter cues, field and floor director communication.
• Responsibilities include tracking status of edited content for playout and verify rundown and playlist status.
• Cross-training: Backup newscast Director and/or Material Management relief as required.
• Provide desktop editing (Adobe Premiere) support when necessary.
• Track daily server playout status and coordinate News content archiving processes following daily newscasts.
• Assist with non-News and Special Events productions as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Television Production or equivalent related experience.
• Two or more years of experience directing or associate directing live News production.
• Works collaboratively (team player).
• Must possess excellent organizational skills.
• Communicates positively and constrcutively. Positively engage and motivate co-workers and lead a production team.
• Exact time management and works efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrates composure and timely decision-making in a fluid and vigorous work environment.
• Comprehensive and current knowledge of News production technologies.
• Demonstrates intellect and ability to learn, adapt and train others on new production technologies.
• Creative and innovative thinking in all aspects of production responsibilities.
• Possess working knowledge of production operating systems including ENPS, Bit Central, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Ross Xpression and equivalent production and operating systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office/Outlook/Teams.
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.